You know you’re a Java Programmer…
…pretending to be a RoR programmer, if:
- You keep typing “nill” (null) instead of nil
- You think private and protected keywords apply only to the method, thus spending the whole afternoon scratching your head and asking why your action is not being found.
- You keep using extends on modules and don’t know that there’s an include as well (and don’t know the difference between them).
- You feel uneasy comparing Strings with == and uses eql? instead (even if they’re the same)
- You think ruby symbols is just Matz’s way of messing with your mind (like Matrix did)
- You think Rails is WebObjects on steriods…and acid at the same time :)